Saturday, September 15, 2012

"The epicentre of financial evil"

I admit, I expected to see incredibly large head-offices of Swiss banks in Zurich. I was actually shocked to see some rather modest buildings hosting the nerve-centres of the largest Swiss banks! The world's wealth is obviously in electronic format and could be easily hidden away in small buildings (note the irony here)

I was also surprised with the laid-back nature of Zurich. I know I was there on a weekend so that explains the lack of suits but the citizens of the city aren't so much into dressing rich and showing off. There is a modesty about Zurichers (I am not sure that's the proper term)

Lake Zurich on a summer afternoon is like Malibu Beach. I never thought I'd see Swiss people sun-bathing, not in Switzerland anyway. I thought they all go to Italy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment