Saturday, September 15, 2012

Bratwurst, illuminated buildings and a shower

Friday nights are party time in Zurich and the old town is a great place to grab a drink. Since I loved the sausages in Vienna in March, I made sure I got my fair share of bratwurst in Zurich. I didn't see a big difference between the young people in Vienna and Zurich. The youth of Zurich spoke High German and not the Swiss version and partied much like their counterparts in the Austrian capital.

The wonderful churches of the old town are illuminated at night and the riverside is a romantic place to spend a summer night. I managed to get a great view from a hill on the other side of the river the next night but was too drenched by a sudden downpour to enjoy it as much as I would have otherwise.

But walking completely drenched on a cool night for almost half an hour and up a steep hill to my friend's house, was a wonderful experience I won't forget. I was tired then and worried about passport getting wet but now I look back at that as fabulous night.

No comments:

Post a Comment