Friday, September 14, 2012

Red Lights in Zurich?

As I walked through the old town to find my hotel, I crossed the Niederdorf Street, one of the most beautiful streets in the area. I was taken aback as I walked in to the lane (where my unnamed hotel was). The prostitutes were armed with a list of languages, when Hindi failed, they assumed I am Brazilian and so switched to Portuguese and then tried English and German! Surely, such polyglots could find a better job in one of the world's richest countries!

Most people, myself included, ignored these women, but there was an Italian casanova who was enamoured by the fact that a woman wanted "amore" with him. Surely, the man in his late-40s understood that they were prostitutes!

From what I heard during my stay in Zurich, none of the polyglot prostitutes are Swiss. They're allegedly all from Eastern Europe and Albania.

No comments:

Post a Comment