Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Tuscan Home

As I warmed up my body and headed up Via Trento, the fountain by Siena's Fort got closer and closer and I was ready for my evening run on top of the Fortress, where Siena's fitness-conscious citizens run every day. A gentle breeze from the distant purple mountains and the warmth of the Tuscan sun powered me as I took a round of the Fort.

As I saw the Piazza del Campo and the Duomo and heard some popular music from a nearby gathering, I realised that I was in love. In love with the pretty and charming town of Siena. A culturally-rich place with centuries of history and beautiful medieval buildings. A hilly town with gelaterias in every corner...

How else could I start with day, besides reading the Corriere Della Sera with a cornetto, cappuccino and a glass of orange juice? With conversations on all sorts of topics with the same patrons who were at the bar every single morning at the same time?

The fresh morning under a splendid blue Tuscan sky. My beloved Siena, you have won me over! I belong to you and proudly call you my home in Italy.

2 comments:

  1. Love it Ayay!
    totally agree with you! even though I am still in Italy, Rome to be exact...Siena remains the cherry on top of the cake for me :)
    -maria maria

    ReplyDelete