Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Beautiful Capri

Home to the rich and famous of Italy such as Giorgio Armani and Sophia Loren, this small island is one of the most beautiful in all of Europe. There is absolutely no sign of the so-called financial crisis in Capri, where as the Italians say, "you eat for 1 person and pay for 10."

I took the famous Azurro Grotto cruise only to find that I could not enter the Blue Cave because of the waves, but the cruise on the azure blue and crystal clear Gulf of Naples was a highlight of my time here in Italy. The limestone island has many places from where you have breathtaking views.

My favourite was the via Krupp, named after the German steel baron Friedrich Alfred Krupp, who commissioned this path by the cliffs that connect the small marina with the Augustus Gardens. The path is absolutely spectacular.

There is something about coastal Italy and the islands that appeal more to me than the areas inland, which I love anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment