Thursday, December 29, 2011

Don't mess with Shah Rukh fans in Colombo

There was a serpentine queue for tickets to watch the new Shah Rukh Khan film, 'Don 2.' The cool and fashionable people of Colombo seem to be huge fans of the Indian actor (who I believe can't act). I happened to be in the same cinema hall in Bambalapitiya to watch another film and told a few Sri Lankan friends what I thought of Khan. I guess I was a bit too loud and that attracted vicious stares from some people in the queue for Don 2.

In fact, a couple of larger than life Sri Lankans seemed visibly irked until I explained that I am an Indian. The angry look turned into a smile, which was followed by questions about the nightlife in Bombay. I was safe from harm's way.

What the adulating public of Colombo see in Shah Rukh Khan, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment