Sunday, December 4, 2011

Delhi’s T3 in the mornings

For those of you thinking of flying out of Delhi Airport’s Terminal 3 in the morning, I have some advice. For starters, if you’re not flying business class, get to the airport 3 hours before your flight. The queues are ridiculously long and the airlines don’t seem to have the capacity to handle the rush. There’s a realistic chance of getting to the airport and not being able to check in on time. I was fortunate enough to have a credit card that gave me access to business class check-in.


I would avoid T3 in the mornings, whether I have an economy or business class ticket. The airport has been expanded, but runway capacity seems to be the same. It can be painful to sit in the aircraft and wait for half an hour to get a takeoff clearance. What’s the use of a new and glitzy airport if it can’t even handle existing flights?

No comments:

Post a Comment