Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I live in Cuffe Parade so I'm better than you

I live in Cuffe Parade and you live in Bandra so I am better than you. I live in Versova and you live in Mira Road, so I'm better than you.

I am not paraphrasing 9-year old kids here. These are people in their late-teens, 20s and even 50s!

I've always heard of people living in the better developed southern part of the city having chips on their shoulders. Their areas are cleaner, more civilized, etc...They conveniently forget to mention that most of those areas were built by the British.

What I have noticed at university and language classes is precisely that this particular chip on the shoulder is something people from every part of the city seems to have. So South is better than north, Bandra is better than all the other suburbs and Juhu takes second place.

All I can say from this hogwash is that there are several people with massive insecurity-based issues. Give me a break Bombay! 60 percent of the people that live here are slum-dwellers. This city is extremely dirty because of 2 precise reasons... A large section of people litter and another large section are too apathetic to the situation and neither stop others from littering or force the municipal authorities to do their job.

No comments:

Post a Comment