Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ramzan photography

Do I or don't I? That's the big question.

Some areas in the city like Mohammed Ali Road and Bhendi Bazaar are predominantly Muslim and are very charming in their own right. Going there at the time that Muslims break their fast would be a wonderful experience considering the religious fervour associated with the holy month.

Taking photographs there may not be the best idea considering how conservative the people are. The last thing I want to do is inadvertently photograph a woman in a burkha and face the ire of the public. My SLR camera is a magnet for attention.

I'll have to think this through. Of course nothing stops me from visiting the area and enjoying the sheer vibrancy of the season.

UPDATED on August 4, 2011

Since google searches are  being directed to this page, I am posting a link of some of the pictures I took last year.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7444188@N05/4959860078/in/set-72157623823412347

2 comments:

  1. Why don't you take pics only of men then?.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe.. good point. They're a bit paranoid as well and not segregated from the women folk. I have decided to to ahead and take the pics :)

    ReplyDelete