Friday, August 6, 2010

Judge Not

On day one of my French class at university, I had the misfortune of sitting with someone who took being annoying to altogether new level. Mademoiselle X spoke little French, understood even less and on top of that had a major attitude problem. If that wasn't bad enough, she smelt like a skunk. I have, since, made it a point to avoid this person at all costs.

But as the weeks have passed, I have made it a point to NOT have any negative feelings for this girl. He who finds faults in others is insecure himself... I am just paraphrasing something I read somewhere. Someone else complained to me about Mademoiselle X today. They said she was this annoying even in the previous academic year and one day, the whole class ganged up on her and made her cry! I thought that was cruel and told the narrator of this story that we don't have to love her but we can at least be respectful to a certain extent.  The narrator shocked me by telling me that X has a drunk for a father who often beats her. So there it is, X is a very troubled person.. nothing else. I sincerely hope that she has a reason to be smile and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment