Saturday, June 29, 2013

KL Marathon 2013 postponed to September

It's June 30 and I should be on the roads of Kuala Lumpur running a marathon. The race, unfortunately, was cancelled over the haze hype. I will admit that the day I arrived in the city  (June 26), the air quality wasn't as good as it usually is in this wonderful city, but it cleared up so much that in a couple of days, the API readings were absolutely fine.

On Saturday, the skies were blue and visibility was perfect. It's a shame that the run was postponed. I think the organizers and the authorities got it wrong. They panicked because of the media hype over the haze.

At least 3600 international runners came to KL for the run and I am one of the disappointed runners who probably won't be able to make in the last week of September for the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment