Saturday, June 29, 2013

Malaysian visa and Sarawak

Every time I have entered Malaysia, I have gotten an entry stamp that says I am permitted to stay in Sabah and Western Malaysia. So, before coming to Kuching I was confused as to whether I needed a separate visa or some kind of permission.

Searches on google revealed all sorts of wrong information. Some sites said a Malaysian visa was valid only for peninsular Malaysia and Sabah and that a separate endorsement needed to be obtained before coming to Malaysia.

As it turns out, a separate visa isn't required for Sarawak. There is a separate immigration control at the Kuching airport and you get an exotic extra stamp on the passport, but that's about it.

So, if you're an Indian citizen and have a Malaysian visa then don't worry about visiting Sarawak. Those that don't need visas for Malaysia don't need one for Sarawak either.

No comments:

Post a Comment