Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Starer's Club!

In the summer, when I used to take long walks on the beach with a friend, I noticed how people would stare at her for wearing sleeveless tops. The friend in question is no Charlize Theron but her exposed arms would get way too much attention. The perils of being a girl in this sex-starved city, or so I thought.

This morning, when I went on a wonderful monsoon run to Juhu, I was the victim of stares! From men and women. I was wearing my singlet from the KL half-marathon. Those running in normal t-shirts were ignored but the cross-cultural, cross-class starer's club spanning Andheri, Vile-Parle and Juhu couldn't keep their eyes off me! So what is it about arms that make them a magnet for attention?

I am without a clue!

No comments:

Post a Comment