Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Another Bangalorean schmuck

Picture this: A beautiful and sunny November afternoon in Colaba. 4 European friends of mine, working in Bangalore, were in Bombay for a short holiday. We were having a wonderful lunch at a place with a good view of the harbour.

These gentlemen do not like Bangalore and asked me why I left the city that I fondly call the Big Urinal (Bigga LOO ru). I told them it wasn't so much the corrupt landlords, the cheating rickshaw-wallahs, the lack of real entertainment or the blind aping of American culture. It was the "wonderful" people of that city that made vow to never set foot there again.

And guess what? One lone ranger sitting next to us, claimed he was from the great garden city of Bangalore and that it was heaven. He said the foreigners and IT people made it hell. In a slightly threatening and aggressive tone, he said he didn't like hearing negative things about the place. My friends and I heard out the poor soul and let him go. What's really ironic is the fact that the man proved me right with his diatribe. Instead of minding his own business, he wanted to get into a fight with 1 Bombayite and 4 Europeans.. Very smart, I must say, considering the fact that his Kannada Rakshana Vedike goons were 900 kilometres away.

2 comments:

  1. LOL... that's funny!.. Bangaloreans get to you even in Bombay!..
    Good to know you enjoyed the company of Thomas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... The Bangalorean obviously had some sort of reason to temporarily leave his paradise for a foreign city!

    ReplyDelete