Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Paranoia at the cinema hall

I am not a bigot by any stretch of the imagination and I think India's diversity is a great asset. The events of the last decade though have played on my psyche. 

This afternoon, I was watching a dreadful Hindi movie to get my mind off the WEF, French exams, Delhi run and all other minor irritants in my life. Just after the interval ended, two women in burkhas left the cinema hall. 

It seemed odd that they didn't go to the bathroom or to buy popcorn during the 10-minute break. I heard voices in my head saying they've planted a bomb and are making an exit. I waited for a few minutes (it seemed like an eternity) and the moment I was ready to alert security and call the police, the women came back in. That was a huge relief. 

I'd rather be safe than sorry in such situations. 

Would I have the same fear if a couple of young men went out the same way? Absolutely. Such are the times we live in. Plagued by fear of bombs and other forms of terror. 

2 comments:

  1. you watched GOLMAAL 3. and you watched dabangg. goodness gracious, what's come of you?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The need to disconnect with the self-created reality

    ReplyDelete