Saturday, August 15, 2015

Flying on MH370's route

A year before Malaysia Airlines Flight MH 370 vanished, I flew to Beijing via Kuala Lumpur on the same airline but took a different flight. As always, the food, in-flight entertainment and service were great and I enjoyed the flight immensely, excited about a friend's wedding that I was going to attend in the Hebei province. 

The fact that MH 370 vanished and that there is still no plausible explanation for what happened still disturbs me. Last month, I flew from Kuala Lumpur to Hong Kong. The flight takes the same route north across the South China Sea and into Vietnam and further north. As the aircraft was over the small stretch of water before Vietnam, there was an incredible amount of turbulence and all sorts of unpleasant thoughts crossed my mind. 

When the plane reached Vietnamese air space, I was actually relieved. An accident can take place on any airline so I will not stop flying one of my favourite airlines, but still...


No comments:

Post a Comment