Friday, October 10, 2014

The Monkeys of Batu Caves

One of the added benefits of a visit to the Batu Caves for tourists from countries where you can only see monkeys in a zoo is the chance to see wild and adorable beasts. Some hawkers now sell "monkey food."

Tourists from different countries have different approaches to these cute animals. Indians ignore them, Russians try and take as many pics of them as possible, many Europeans feed them.  Yesterday, I saw a Chinese woman screaming her way down the steps! The poor monkeys would have been petrified!

A group of men from the Middle East thought it was fun to hurl bottles at them! I asked those thugs to stop when I saw them doing that. They gave me a dirty look but stopped as long as I was within sight. I wonder if that was their idea of fun? I have never seen such poor manners in public in the Middle East. I wonder what brings it out of them in a place like Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment