Thursday, June 12, 2014

Extended summer in Bombay

The monsoon has not hit Bombay yet and we are already moving towards mid-June. This has been a particularly brutal summer in the city. April was a gorgeous and pleasant month, until around the 21st when the heat hit the city hard. I was away for a big chunk of May, but this was the hottest May I experienced in the city since the summer of 2002.

It has to rain really soon, or the paranoid municipal corporation is going to start water supply cuts. I am done with enjoying my summer jazz music. It's time to switch over to Lata Mangeshkar classics on a rainy monsoon night. I long to see the reflection of Bombay's monuments at night on puddles. 

I can't wait to eat samosas and drink masala chai and watch the rain from my balcony window.  We've waited long enough! Come on monsoon rains! Lash us with all your fury.




No comments:

Post a Comment