Sunday, January 22, 2012

Knight in a Honda City!

This post is coming a week late, but I need to thank my anonymous hero from marathon Sunday.

After running the marathon on Sunday, three of us struggled to get a taxi outside VT. We were too tired to walk back to Churchgate station as every ounce of energy that we possesed that day was sapped by the marathon. Finally, a cabbie agreed to take us to the suburbs and all was well, or so we thought. As we drove past the same Bandra-Worli Sea link that we conquered around sunrise, the cab ended up getting 2 flat tires. The cabbie managed to get us past the toll booth but then the wheels started coming off.

We were exhausted and stranded on a stretch with no energy to walk to S V Road. Still in our running clothes and wearing our medals, we tried to hitch a ride to the main road. After a few minutes, a kind gentleman stopped his brown Honda City and gave us a ride all the way to Andheri. We got off at a signal and couldn't get our Knight's name. I didn't have my card to pass on to him. All I know is that he swims at The Club in Andheri. Oh, how I wish I could find my knight and buy him an expensive bottle of champagne. He was my hero on marathon Sunday...

No comments:

Post a Comment