Thursday, September 29, 2011

Big City Metro

Since I have taken many an occassion to complain about how crowded the Delhi Metro is, this time I need to commend the Delhi Metro authorities for adding 2 more compartments to the trains. This has made travelling on the very efficient system much easier. I don't fancy being sandwiched between people who bathe once a decade, so I commend this upgrade. There's even talk of the introduction of 8-compartment trains. Now that would make the metro even more comfortable.

There is an exception to my above statements. The yellow line that connects Gurgaon to North Delhi continues to be a sardine tin, with the most packed stretch being between Rajiv Place and Kashmere Gate. I guess road travel on the same route is more time consuming. Besides this line, I would recommend using the metro to get around, especially in the non-peak hours.

A friend, however, told me that the trains are less crowded because it's Navratri and business activity generally slows down around this time. I hope her take is not too accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment