Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Full speed ahead for the Kuala Lumpur 21K

It was just 2 days ago that I started training for the Kuala Lumpur Half Marathon, which is on June 26. Although I lost quite a bit of weight in March, thanks to Delhi belly and an extremly unhealthy lifestyle, while travelling on work, the shedding of weight by no means indicates that I am in better shape.

Day 1 of the training was a struggle to put it mildly. I have run 2 half-marathons, both in Delhi, and feel I have what it takes to go the distance in KL. The weather in Bombay is similar to that in KL in terms of humidity but there is little chance I will be aided by the late-evening Bombay sea breeze, which cools things down, when I run in KL.

This will also be my first run overseas and that should motivate me all the more. 53 days is enough time for me to prepared enough to beat my Delhi 2010 timings.

No comments:

Post a Comment