Monday, May 9, 2011

Book Review: Black Book by Ankush Modawal

I have been fortunate enough to read some very good self-help books written by authors such as Jack Canfield and Rhonda Byrne and the messages written by these authors are very much universal.  However, as an Indian, I've been disappointed with what I've seen from Indian authors on this subject, many rely purely on scripture and that doesn't go to well with a non-religious person like me.

Black Book, by Ankush Modawal, a charming and talented young man in his mid-20s, is refreshingly different from the books written by western and Indian authors. Like a member of India's go-getter generation, Ankush keeps things simple in this book, which has some explanations that I believe are more practical.



For starters, how many times have we been told that wanting something automatically attracts that thing to us? Ankush has a better take. If we keep wanting something, we would continuosly be in the state of wanting it. He suggests that we feel ourselves having it and that would be a greater magnet. I haven't seen Ankush's Mercedes myself, but I think you can get the idea.

Ankush also rubbishes the popular belief that hard work brings success and wealth. He uses the example of labourers constructing luxury houses, without ever living in them. The author cites success to a combination of working smarter and focussing and visualising on the end result.

The author lives the ideas that he talks about in the book and it was an honour for me to have met him in Delhi in March. In the over-competitive India of today, it's nice to read a book, which very much reaffirms the fact that there is enough for everyone and if only more young people believed that, we'd have a much greater amount of positivity in our educational institutions and workplaces.

The Black Book is an easy read and something that will accompany me on my travels, as it's a great reminder for me stay positive, no matter what the situation.

To know more about Ankush, visit http://www.ankushmodawal.com/, from where you can exclusively buy his books.

No comments:

Post a Comment