Thursday, February 3, 2011

Egypt:- Thinking of My Gator

Karim aka Alligator is a passionate Egyptian friend of mine, who can trace his roots to the Moroccan Royal Family. An absolute gentleman, liberal, secular and based in Alexandria, Gator always spoke to me about the repression of Hosni Mubarak's regime.

It was in 2005 that he narrated a story about how he was questioned by the police after he received a New Year Greeting Card from me. The cops opened the envelope, read the letter and the card and wanted to know how we met and why the contents of the letter were so intimate.

An engineer by profession, Karim was nervous for weeks before being called by the army for mandatory service. (They let him go). I have been trying to get in touch with him for over 10 days. Something tells me, he's fine and safely tucked away in his beautiful house in Alexandria.

Be safe, my Gator!




2 comments:

  1. I am honored and overwhelmed - Dear brother
    Thank you so much for your support, I appreciate every single word and every single second you've spent thinking about me and about my cause - Freedom.it's hard indeed to overcome the overwhelming pressure from the government on every single form of media, but the revolution is started and no one can stop it and it will never end till we get freedom and dignity for every single Egyptian and hopefully other Arab countries follow us after we win.
    I will keep you updated.
    Karim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be Safe My Brother.

    Mubarak HAS to go.

    ReplyDelete