Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Jump off the Empire State Building

When I was in 7th grade, my teacher asked whether I would jump off the Empire State Building if "everybody" was jumping off. I replied that I would with a parachute. That remark didn't endear me with Mrs Eliason.

Back to 2010, for days I was watching people get into a service train at Bandra station that was supposedly going to the railway yard. A fellow commuter told me that the train skips three stations and goes to Andheri station before it goes to the yard. So, yesterday I took the "plunge from the top of the Empire State Building" seeing that I could get a seat on a empty train at rush hour and get home faster. The danger was of course that the train would stop at the yard and that I would have to walk on railway tracks.

I felt a slight tinge of uneasiness when the lights were switched off but the train ride was a pleasure and in 8 minutes I had a comfortable ride to my preferred platform in Andheri.  I am definitely going to make an attempt to get to Bandra station before 8:45 pm every evening, so I can take this plunge everyday!

2 comments:

  1. its dangerous to cross railway tracks. so careful. highly avoidable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That trains goes all the way to platform number one. :) Lucky me..

    ReplyDelete