Saturday, March 12, 2016

Overheard in a Moscow underpass

There I was on lazy and cold Saturday morning minding my own business as I walked to a cafe on Tverskaya Street. The drizzle and gloomy weather ensured that the streets were even emptier than on a regular Saturday morning.

At the cafe, there were some people desperate to get over a Friday hangover by having some wine! I tried to plug my ears to the non-polite society Russian that was being uttered.

As I walked back through Tverskaya I needed to cross an underpass. Moscow's underpasses tend to be places where street musicians perform in order to make some extra money.  This Saturday though, it was too early for them to be around. Instead there were two strange-looking people debating the merits of killing someone!

"Why not kill Vova instead," one questioned the other. Suddenly my lazy Saturday morning walking pace got a lot faster and I was out of the underpass in a jiffy.  Oh, the empty Tverskaya Street never looked better!

No comments:

Post a Comment