Sunday, October 18, 2015

Visa on arrival for Indians in Indonesia

The Indonesian government has decided to lift the $35 visa fee for visitors from India. Now, you get a free 30-day entry stamp at the border.  This is a nice way to start a trip to this wonderful country.

Although I have to add that I had my first ever major run-in with customs. They made me open my bag and had a laundry list of idiotic questions. They even took a swab for a drug test and then took a copy of my passport and wanted the name and the website of the company I work for!

Obviously I was clean and they apologised for taking up my time, but really, Indonesia needs to develop better intelligence to catch drug smugglers. They were pulling out random males for the checks, irrespective of nationality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment