Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Magical moment in Paro

It was a cold eary-spring night in Paro and although not late by international standards, most residents of the valley were already in bed. The only sound one could hear from the neighbourhood was that of barking dogs.

This was my last night in the Land of the Thunder Dragon, and under normal circumstances I would have called in early, so that I don’t travel out of the country without a proper night’s sleep. But, something just called me out into the balcony.

I stepped out at 20 minutes past 9 on this Sunday night to see the fully illuminated Paro Dzong. Over the monastery and in the mountains, I noticed the usual lights that resembled pearls, but I was dumbstruck by a beacon beyond the range.

Within minutes, I saw a few pine trees getting lit up and noticed a rapid moonrise. The moon, which was full for the first time in the Lunar New Year just 3 days ago, looked larger than life as it rose over the Paro Valley. This was one of the most beautiful natural sights that I have ever seen in my life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment