Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A journey of 42.195 kms

I have successfully run 2 marathons in my life, with timings that are nothing to write home about. Although I trained reasonably well for both of them with a focussed diet being the mainstay of the second attempt, I know deep down that I could have trained much better and as a result performed better.  So here I am, attempting to train for marathon number 3. 

This time, I am going to spend a greater part of a year in the training process and set my sights on Rome 2016.  The run is in March, when the weather is gorgeous in the Eternal City. I want to slowly pick up the pace in my training and be super-fit on the day of the run. This really means a detailed plan over the course of 11 months to be in the kind of shape that I have never been in. 

The closer I get to 40, the tougher it gets to be able to finish a marathon in less than 4 hours. So here goes... I am going to give it my all  :) 

Forza Roma!

No comments:

Post a Comment