Thursday, October 20, 2011

Manners, anyone?

My level of tolerance has improved drastically over the last few months. I no longer wish that the earth would open up and swallow anyone who spits in this city. I no longer believe that Singapore-style caning is the way to go about cleaning this city.

I understand that the vast underclass in the city couldn't care less about living in a beautiful and clean city but I have a bone to pick with the middle class. While at a screening of an Italian film, a lady not only did not leave her phone on silent but was talking on the phone loudly enough to disturb others. I asked the woman to shush and she had the audacity to give me a dirty look. The fat cow is lucky that I didn't go there and grab her phone and smash it. (Never mess with a brotha, who was raised in Killa Queens, New York). My friends at the screening kept telling me about so-called 'decent' people with a complete lack of manners....

Bombay was a city that was known for its courtesy and the manners of the members of the middle and upper middle class. It's a shame that this is quickly becoming something of the past. When I encounter people like that lady last night, I am quite happy to hear occassional stories of Indians being put in place in civlized countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment