Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Of Celebrations and Exams


It was impossible for me not to get sucked into the just-concluded World Cup after the quarter-final stages. You couldn’t watch television or read a newspaper without being bombarded with news and hype.

As a result of India’s splendid victory, the whole country celebrated on Saturday, in what was possibly the largest mass party on earth.

Although I wasn’t a Scrooge on the night that India won, I didn’t fancy getting drunk and going for the Italian exam the next day in such a state.

Of course, when there was a painful wait between my written and oral exams, I preferred to talk about cricket with my classmates rather than what my answers were to some of the more difficult questions.

And I did not go easy on the champagne after my Italian exam, which went as well as I could have wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment