Sunday, February 10, 2013

Stranger on board a first class compartment

It was a Friday morning and rather early for me to be on a crowded first class compartment heading towards Santa Cruz. The wagon was packed with college students who would get off at Vile Parle. Before the train left Andheri, a strange-looking with an unsual turban climbed on board. Through the crowd I saw he had a rope of some kind.

At Parle, the train emptied out and my attention was on the sunrise over the runway of the domestic airport. I then felt a few fingers touch my feet. Was it a beggar or a child? When I looked down, I realised it was a monkey.The turbaned man was a monkey-charmer.

The poor and exploited monkey was so incredibly cute. I was tempted to pet it but alas this was after all a wild animal. I couldn't keep the smile out when I looked at the adorable creature. Fellow passengers couldn't care less. Some people sure don't have a sense of humour!

No comments:

Post a Comment